What is personal information and what do we collect?
Personal information is information that does or may identify you.
You do not have to share your personal information with us, but if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services or answer any questions you may have asked us.
We may collect your personal information from a variety of sources. These include:
Personal information you provide to us directly
This will include:
- The information you provide when you place an order.
- When you subscribe to receive one of our newsletters or information about our products, offers and promotions.
- When you complete a survey or to enter one of our competitions.
- Personal information contained within any enquiry.
Information collected automatically
We also use profiling techniques to collect information about how you use our sites and what pages you have visited. This helps us ensure that we deliver relevant content to you and to better understand what is of genuine interest to you. See more about profiling below.
Personal information from other sources
We collect personal data from other sources including trusted brand partners and where we operate an account on third-party platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Additionally, we receive information about you and other visitors’ interactions through our advertising to measure whether our advertising is relevant and successful. We also collect information about you and your activities from a third party when we jointly offer services or products.
When we collect use Sensitive Information
Sensitive information falls into a special category of personal information. This includes information relating to your health, race, sexuality or ethnicity. We only collect sensitive information in limited circumstances which include:
- When you ask for STREE Ayurveda Consultations we ask you to tell us what areas of wellbeing you are interested in – this might include pregnancy, the menopause or sleep improvement (for example).
- When completing our Consultation Form or other online wellbeing surveys.
- When you raise a specific enquiry through our customer services team.
We may also collect sensitive data implicitly through your browsing or purchasing habits, or through you contacting us directly. For example, we may gain an indirect insight into wellbeing matters that are of clear interest to you.
At STREE, we do not directly market to children. Our websites are designed and intended for use by adults.
Where any of our websites are intended for use by younger people, we will obtain explicit consent from the person with parental responsibility before any personal information is requested. We acknowledge that the age at which the consent of the parent will need to be obtained varies from country to country.
How we use your personal information
We only collect, process and disclose your personal information for specific and limited purposes. These include:
- To administer any order you have placed with us.
- To manage your account of the STREE (if relevant).
- To send you the STREE newsletter.
- To provide you with information about STREE products and offers that we believe will be of genuine interest to you.
- To direct you to content within our site that we think is relevant to you.
- To provide tailored product recommendations and targeted advertising based on what you have shared with us.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features, survey or quizzes on our site.
- To share with brand partners where they offer services or products we think may be of interest to you, provided you have given us your consent.
- To answer any enquiry you may send to us.
- To authenticate that we are talking to the right person should we need to get in touch with you.
- To help us to understand and react to the changing interests and needs of our consumers so that we can improve our websites and our products.
Where required, we will obtain your consent to process your personal information. Where you have given consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Please see withdrawing consent.
How we share your personal information
We do not sell your personal information to any third party.
As a global business, we share your personal information internally within STREE and with selected third parties in the following circumstances:
- To courier and logistics providers who ship products you may have ordered, or to ship samples or prizes.
- With payment processors who administer secure payment options.
- With parties who host and process personal information on our behalf in accordance always with applicable laws and regulations.
- With other businesses within the STREE family of companies (who will become a joint data controller of your personal information) for operational and legitimate business reasons;
- With other third parties such as advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, social media networks, analytics companies or other third parties in connection with marketing, promotional and other offers, as well as product information.
In connection with a business transfer. This includes:
Your personal information will be used by us or share with the joint data controllers for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, your personal data generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing privacy notice or Policy (unless, of course, you consent otherwise).
If another entity acquires us, our business, or substantially all or part of our assets, or assets related to STREE’s website, your personal information will be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such personal information will be considered an asset of ours and as such it is possible it will be sold or transferred to third parties.
When we are legally required to disclose it. This includes:
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- When we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it.
- At the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation.
- To verify or enforce any other policy relating to this website.
- To detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities.
- To respond to an emergency situation.
How we protect your personal data
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We take every effort to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Our measures include implementing appropriate access controls, investing in appropriate IT security and ensuring that we encrypt and pseudonymise or anonymise personal information wherever possible.
Access to your personal information is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis and subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations when processed by third parties.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, where you have purchased one of our products online, we will keep your personal information related to the purchase so we can perform the specific contract you have entered. After which, we will keep the personal information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to the purchase. Your personal information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us .
We retain the identifiable data we collect directly for targeting purposes for as little time as possible, after which we employ measures to permanently delete it. We will actively review the personal information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases pseudonymise or anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or consumer need for it to be retained.
Your rights as a data subject
This is a summary of your rights relating to the personal information we hold about you.
The right to be informed. You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal information and your rights. Therefore, we’re providing you with the information in this Policy.
The right to access and rectification. You have the right to access, correct or update your personal information at any time. We understand the importance of this and should you want to exercise your rights, please contact us as set out below;
The right to data portability. The personal information you have provided us with is portable. This means it can be moved, copied or transmitted electronically under certain circumstances.
The right to be forgotten. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we delete your personal information. If you wish to delete the personal information we hold about you, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements. If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
The right to restrict processing. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e. receiving emails from us notifying you or being contacted with varying potential opportunities).
The right to withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting the details below.